Welcome to Namibia!

It’s always great to see a smiling, familiar face that you haven’t seen in quite some time. Joan and Richard picked me up at the airport, along with one of my two bags. But no worries, I had expected as much so I split up all my clothes and stuff so I’d have some of everything in case that happened. (I wasn’t long without as my other bag was dropped off this afternoon.) Richard and I dropped Joan off in Windhoek where she’ll be staying this week for some preschool training, grabbed a burger and headed back to the plot to get settled in. Unpacking seemed strangely unfamiliar as I usually live out of a suitcase while I’m here, but soon enough it’ll feel more like home.

Sleeping last night was a little rough. I didn’t get to sleep until after 1:00am, which is 6pm to my body clock. So after tossing and turning all night I forced myself up at 8:00am to try and adjust myself. Now I’m doing all I can not to take an afternoon nap so I’ll crash hard tonight and hopefully be good to go by tomorrow morning. Oh the joys of traveling. (7 hours ahead for those who were wondering and didn’t do the math.)

Everybody was asking about temperature. Apparently December is the hottest month of the year, although being in the desert, the nights are still surprisingly cool. But by about 10am the heat sets in until about 6ish when the sun starts to go down. Richard says it typically gets up to about 37-40 C in the day, and down to about 18-20 C at night. He says it will cool down a little when the rains come in January. So there you have it. Maybe I can find a weather widget or something to stick on the sidebar for you to follow.

Thanks for your prayers. Pics of the new pad coming soon!

1 comments:

germaine said...

man, I was thinking it would be nice to be able to get there and it be evening... I suppose that it's better to force yourself to stay up all day and then get a good night's rest.

ugh... 98 - 104... praise God for no humidity!!

Love ~G

Post a Comment