Fly Happy indeed

Well I must say this has been the easiest, most uneventful flying experience of all my trips to Namibia. Some of it may have to do with not being responsible for 20-some-odd other people. I've blown through security, only twice, with no lines, no waiting. They've checked my passport once. No long layovers. Even the 15 hour flight was a breeze, other than my eccentric seatmate, but even that wasn't so bad. So now I'm waiting in the Joburg airport, almost ready to board my last 2 hour flight to Windhoek. But in my spare half hour I had to check online to see that the Pats sqeaked another one out. Sports analyst Mike says this is dangerous for the rest of the NFL. Everybody may be saying that now they're vulnerable, but I say now they've experienced a little pressure. They can blow teams out of the water, but they can also come from behind in the fourth quarter. This is the third time. So watch out NFL, this "never perfect" attitude will only make this team better and harder to beat down the road. Well I only have 10 minutes left and a few emails to read over. Thanks for all your comments and travel prayers!

9 comments:

germaine said...

I agree... but it was hard to watch... squeaked is totally the word... if not for a poor choice in timeout calls by the Raven's sideline it may have been really bad.

you should be landing in Namibia right about now. I am praying your landing won't be like Feb 04... ouch... talk to you soon!! :)

AND I am praying that your flight was not full and your bags are with you because ... "heavy planes crash" you know...

Love ~G

ps...
gosh... I feel like a dance parent, checking this thing so much!

Jackie said...

I was thinking the very same thing when I got home from work late last night. Memories of the '05 blog! I'll have to call Denise so she can hop on board. Glad you had a nice flight over. Was the quick trip your best so far? Have to get the report on that so I'll know how to fly next time!

jadongood said...

i see you got the update on the pats. i was gonna fill you in. who knows, maybe my steelers will get your pats next sunday! but i won't watch cause i'll be at lambeau field!!

i'm glad to hear you've flown easy so far. good luck on the last leg of the flight and the first leg of your african life!

germaine said...

update on Mike's arrival...

one bag didn't arrive with him, but no worries... it will get there.

Love ~G

sandi said...

hey michael! i am so sorry we didn't chat before you left. i am finally getting over the flu....ugh. i am so happy you are there safe. you will be in my thoughts and prayers each day. you are living your dream.....enjoy every single moment of each day. sleep when you get home.....oh wait, that's a year without sleep, ok, sleep a lot!! hahaha.......seriously....live life as fully as you possibly can. i am so proud of you. we will miss you here in NH...Peace my friend!
Sandi Dunks

Jesse said...

Glad you're there bro, may God direct your steps and lead you to what He wants you to be doing there in Namibia. Live each day by the spirit, be blessed

germaine said...

Hey, just spoke with Mike... his bag has already arrived... God is good!! :)

Love ~G

Rebekah said...

That is all awesome. Great to hear that you've arrived safely with all of your belongings, hope you settle in well.

*!Melissa!* said...

Mike!

sooo happy you made it!
i am missing you!
youth group just isnt the same.
Have fun and dont forget to come back to us. :]

Love: MELISSA!!!

Post a Comment