Look out Ty Pennington

As I mentioned before, Richard and I came across some spare tiles while we were searching for furniture for my house, so we decided to tile my shower. Neither of us had ever tiled before but we thought it looked easy enough so we gave it a try. By the end, we both decided it looked good but neither of us would ever become professional tilers. Now a little paint job and my shower will be good as new!

  
Here’s the before pic, and Richard spreading the tile cement.

  
After a few botched attempts I figured out the tile cutter and laid them all in place.

  
Then we pointed the grout to seal the gaps. Almost looks professional. :)

I haven’t used it yet, but I’m convinced that when I do it will somehow all melt away and I’ll be back to my wooden grate. Either way, it was a fun project and now we both know how to tile…ish.

6 comments:

Lisa Andreasen said...

I love it!
Richard better watch out or Jesse will put him to work and he'll learn a lot more about construction! Tell him we're looking forward to seeing him!

blessings.

germaine said...

yea, Lis... make him earn his keep! :)

looks like you guys did an amazing job... now you've only got 10 showers to go!! :)

Love ~G

Darin said...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... dude, there's supposed to be a drain.

Lisa Andreasen said...

he he he. I think the drain is the little hole in the wall. :)

germaine said...

it is... it's actually a pipe that drains outside... silly ones... that's why the floors in the showers are slightly tilted... :)

Love ~G

spideress said...

As as an Africa Safari fan I am excited
to read an article that puts Africa in the lime light and show that Africa is progressive even in technology. Thanks a lot for this.

Post a Comment