Fun times and old friends

I finally got to sit down with Toivo for lunch today. It was great to see him again. He sends greetings to everyone. He’s doing very well in school including an A+ in PE. He was pretty excited about that one. :) All of his American friends from the international school are driving at 16 so he’s looking forward to turning 17 when Namibians can get their learner’s permit. He’s playing soccer for the school team who just came in 2nd place in a tournament. We’re trying to figure out how we can watch some football together. He’s heading out to Arandis over the holidays to work on his midterm exams. Looks like we’ll get to be roommates again.

After we got back from Windhoek, it was so hot we went swimming at the dam, or as Jadon would say, we went for a dam swim. There was a great place to jump off into the water which makes for the first of today’s photos of the day.

Before lunch I got to walk around the Municipal Gardens in Windhoek which gave me opportunity to play with the macro settings on my camera, so today you get two photos of the day. I’m not typically a flower person so this one’s for Mike Mendola.

9 comments:

Lisa Andreasen said...

nice bokeh on the flower shot. Is that jump really as high as it looks? yikes!

germaine said...

HA!! THAT'S AMAZING!! You guys are insane! I love it...

The other day someone said that mike was doing everything he could to kill himself... praise God that He is in control... you're travel insurance kicked in, right?? :) Nice to see you enjoyed your dam swim...

Give Toivo a big hug for me!!

Love ~G

jadongood said...

color me jealous, bro! what a beautiful dam jump you two took!

J. Roaf said...

Wow, consider yourself officially the more manly of the two of us. Since your arrival you have hunted, done some tile masonry and jumped off a dam huge precipice. I never would jump that as I have a rather girly fear of heights.

Pardon me...I need to go lift some weights and read about gears.

Anonymous said...

Mike! im gonna write you soon! sorry I missed your IM. but i will get back at you via email im on christmas break now

Jackie said...

Hi! Mike, You really need to use more of the lotion! Haha!

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun!!!!!

mike said...

Yes, it really is as high as it looks, about 25 feet or so. Joan even did it with us a few times!

I should've used more lotion. My back and shoulders are toasted. :P

Joe said...

wow dude, takes me back to cliff jumps in college. glad you are having fun, loving God, catching up with old friends and tiling stuff. talk with you again soon.

Post a Comment