Visa News

The Home Affairs office opens at 8am. I was in line at 8:05 and stood there for half an hour before someone even showed up at the desk. But then only 15 minutes later my visa app was left in their hands (a little sketchy, I know) and now I go back in a week and hope it'll be approved. I ended up applying for a volunteer visa which is a little different than the work permit I was originally going to apply for. Volunteer visas are what the peace corps uses and they say it should be pretty easy to get. So pray that next week I return to a favorable response!

Richard was also pleased to get the news of his visa. He will be going to the States under a visitors visa for 6 months. He hopes to spend a few weeks in NH so he can have a white Christmas, and then head down to Orlando to go to skydiving school. It's been a blast hanging out with him and having someone else around my age and with my adventerous spirit. He will be missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment