Settling in

I think to be a hunter you need much more patience then I have. Just after dark last night Richard and I went out hunting kudu in a neighboring farmer’s field. The kudu come in and eat all the crops so we’re doing both of us a favor, clearing out the kudu and getting us some meat. (Don’t tell Erin!) However we only saw 3 and they were too far off for a good shot. The night watchman told us a good place to sit and wait for them so we’ll head back later tonight and see if we can’t nab some dinner.

The house I’m staying in doesn’t have much so Richard and I scavenged around the property and some pawn shops for some furniture and assorted household items. We found some boxes of tile so our new project will be tiling my shower. Neither of us have done it before so it’ll be a good learning experience. There’s probably a reason there are professional tilers, but it seems easy enough so we’ll give it a shot.

I got to connect up with Brenda, Nan, and Tresford today. We’re trying to help Tresford get visas for his family to visit the States to work with Christ’s Church, but there have been a few hang-ups we’re trying to iron out. For all those who’ve been asking, Brenda’s going to find out for me what Toivo’s doing over the holiday break. I’m hoping we’ll get to spend some time together.

8 comments:

germaine said...

Toivo is counting on hanging out with you!!

mmmmm.... kudu....

Love ~G

jadongood said...

no matter how many times you hunt... the patience never comes!! this spoken from a second year in a row w/ no deer

Lisa Andreasen said...

I know I don't have the patience for fishing, I don't know about hunting. It's been a long time since I went hunting. I think I was about 6 when I begged my dad to take me hunting... and after watching him bring home dinner, I never asked t go again. :)

But what great skills to learn! Hunting and tiling. Let me know if you have any tips for when I start the basement bathroom.

dreamer said...

I am glad to hear of your safe yet interesting travels - it always is nice to "fly" through security. I wish you the paitence for tiling - I have done it with the self sticky kind - and once they stick they stick.
Red Sox tickets go on sale 12/8/07 10 am - just in case you wanted to know. :)

Jimmy C said...

I just finished a tiling project in my upstairs bath, I'll be right over to help

ashley said...

praying for you mikey. good to hear the man-hunter instinct is being put to use. :)

germaine said...

so... did you and the great white hunter bag a kudu?? :) I still have the bullet from the time I went with Pastor Ron... fun times...

Love ~G

J. Roaf said...

Hunting Kudu sounds stinkn' awesome! Your man card resume is looking oh so much more impressive than mine. If you skin, cook, and eat the kudu on sight you get a permanent man card. It can never be revoked!

Pats dominated the Steelers. It was awesome. Brady talked crazy smack at this tool from the Steelers who guaranteed a win against us. Not smart.

You are already missed my friend.

Post a Comment