MIA extraction successful!

I was really pretty upset about losing my long sleeve Patriots shirt on our hike yesterday, so today after Bible Study I decided to embark on a one man rescue mission. Backtracking my steps I returned to face my previous adversary, the fateful riverbed. About a half hour into the hike I stumbled on a rock and as I looked down to catch my footing, there was my shirt right in front of me! I’d been praying the whole way that God would allow my eyes to fall on just the right place so I wouldn’t miss it in the vastness of the bush, and sure enough He did. Coincidence or Providence? I think you know my answer.

Since I’d already gone that far, I figured I'd keep going up the koppe. I had nothing waiting for me at home and plenty of sunlight, so I went. Rather than continuing down the long “shortcut” I set off blazing my own trail through the bush up the mountain. This time I saw a couple baboons across the valley and a gemsbok not 40 yards away. Had I been a little quieter I might not have scared it away so quickly. As I looked out across the rolling hills and valleys of the Central Plateau stretching out before me it felt like I was in National Geographic.

I had to leave about an hour before sunset so as not to be hiking down in the dark. This time I took the short, steep way down rather than Dieter’s phantom “access road”. I made it home as the sun was becoming a fading memory beyond the clouds on the horizon. Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

germaine said...

I knew you'd go back for it... :) and I love how God answers prayers the way He does.

Love ~G

Jackie said...

Oh! For the love of your Patriots! Guess you aren't so mad/sad anymore! :)

Post a Comment