International Womens Day

As of this afternoon, Jackie can add to her resume, International Keynote Speaker. Sylvia Beukes, the national director for Hope’s Promise, was helping put on a large event to celebrate International Womens Day. She had asked Jackie to prepare a message on “the seasons of women” which she has been working on and collecting input from everywhere we’ve been so far. So this afternoon, while Don and I were out playing pool with Franco (don’t ever let Don fool you, he’s smoking!), Jackie was delivering her speech, poised and prepared, for about 150 other women. In the end it was only 7 minutes, but apparently very motivational since everybody was asking for copies. You just never know what ministry opportunities God might have for you when you show up over here. :) Congrats Jackie!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

And you had to say that it was only seven minutes? Haha! I did enjoy timing myself from the video footage. And I might add, that was with Sylvia doing the interpreting! Thanks for the shout out. It was great fun giving a speech in front of a hundred women in another country! Man, let me tell you, I probably should have signed the copy of my speech so they could have had my autograph!

Post a Comment