Bring the Fire

Another weekend in Arandis made for more late nights, investing in relationships, and lots of funny moments. Friday and Saturday nights at the crusade provided more of the same. Crowds of people flooded the stage to be prayed over for healing or employment or to be ‘baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ Toward the end of the last night while the different pastors were praying over people and they were falling down left and right, the preacher called me over to pray for me. Realizing there was no polite way out of it, I begrudgingly set down my guitar and let him pray for me. He kept praying “Bring the fire! Bring the fire!” and I kept praying “Thank you Lord that I already have the Spirit living in me!” I found humor in the situation, mostly because I believe so differently than they do. I went back to our Bible study in Okahandja on Monday where we were talking about the Spirit of the Lord leaving Saul and coming upon David, and made a special point of emphasis about us receiving the Spirit once for all when we become children of God. Guess the whole experience made a lasting impression.

Overall, it was a great weekend. I spent a lot of time with the young people from Arandis Community Church since many of them were also helping with the music. I finished up taking family photos of the Hope’s Promise families that I didn’t get to last weekend. That whole process has been cool because it’s allowed me to get to know many of the kids that I didn’t know before. But probably my highlight of the weekend was leading worship for youth group on Sunday afternoon. It was a great joy playing and worshiping together with such an inspiring group of teens.

Don & Jackie had already started their 48 hour countdown when I left. They will join me back in Okahandja tomorrow, then we’ll head down to Rehoboth on Thursday, stopping in Windhoek on the way to hang with Toivo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment