Another happy landing

It’s been a quiet week around here. Schools are in the middle of exams as the term ends so kids are busy studying and taking extra study classes. We moved the Bible study at Okahandja Secondary to Fridays and the one at J.G. was canceled until next term. Meanwhile I’ve been spending most of the week out at the Ark. After helping Bernhard study for his social studies exam, the next day he was excited to tell me he got second in his class by just 1 point. Evenings I’ve spent hanging out with the Canadian scouts finding constellations and playing this game that’s kinda like Mafia except with werewolves instead. It’s a lot of fun even though I haven’t won a game yet.

Looking ahead, next week will be my last full week in Okahandja. For the next three months I’ll be moving out to Arandis to work with Boniface and his youth ministries at the school and the church. I’ll be staying with my friend Mike Dunne, a missionary from Florida, who has an extra room in his place. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in this small mining community already, but never for such an extended stay, so I’m pretty excited to get a better handle on what life and ministry is like there. I’m excited to spend more time getting to know the many people I’ve spent only weekends with. And I’m excited to answer the question ‘how long are you here’ with ‘oh, 3 months or so.’

1 comments:

germaine said...

YAY!!! I've been praying for that... what an awesome opportunity! Give my love to Irna & all the girls!!

man... Buddy & Julia are going to miss you. I didn't even think about that until now...

Love ~G

Post a Comment