Moving On

On Sunday, Don, a repeat visitor, and his niece Kat came to visit Okahandja on the back end of their trip. We spent some time at the Ark, they visit the preschools with Joan, then we spent some downtime at the Okapuka Game Lodge. Though not as big as Etosha, they have thousands of hectors where the animals roam freely. We got up close and personal with rhinos, crocodiles, and giraffe and saw some other game antelope that you can’t find in Etosha. After the game drive we watched the lions get fed, from so close that if I stuck my hand through the wall it would’ve been bitten off. Check out more pics on Flickr.

After I dropped Don and Kat at the airport I spent some last time with the Canadian team over dinner at Joe’s. Then it was time to pack, clean up, and head out to Arandis. Grace and Victoria from the Ark are spending their school break with their mother out in Swakop so I had some company for the ride out. I arrived in Arandis after dark and made my way to Mike Dunne’s house which will be my new home for the next 2 and a half months.

It's only been one night but I’m still convinced that living with other people is a positive thing. At Dieter’s place I was quite secluded and independent. Here I have neighbors quite close and share a living space. Living in community creates tension and the bumps and rubs along the way remind me that I’m not the center of my own universe. But for now I’m still just settling in and excited to be here and start getting involved in ministry.

1 comments:

germaine said...

I am excited and praying for all the opportunities this new adventure will bring! Can't wait to hear what God has in store!

Love ~G

Post a Comment