Thank God for my can opening merit badge

I just went to open some tuna only to discover Mike doesn’t have a can opener. Unfortunate. But thanks to the Canadian scouts, I now know how to use the old fashion can opener on my pocket knife. I’m glad the Swiss are so handy.

~~~~~~~~

Since Pearl was in the hospital a few months back Fabiola got this great idea to help volunteer fixing up the hospital in Swakop and use that as an inroad to minister to the patients. This morning I joined the group washing and painting the hallway. So many people were walking by saying how much they appreciate what we were doing and asking if we were getting paid.

While at the hospital some of us visited Chriszelda in the maternity ward. Yesterday morning she delivered a baby boy, Immanuel. No, I didn’t ask for all the specs for the ladies, but I did take some pics. Both mother and son are now home and doing well.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks, Mike, for the beautiful pic of Chriszelda and Immanuel! I bet Beauty and Precious are very excited! Please give Mom a great big hug for me and tell her I love her and miss her!

germaine said...

;) yes... Praise God for your badge... I suppose that "we don't need no stinkin' badges" is totally not true...

well... I suppose that the fact that you realize that you didn't ask the questions that are a necessity in a case such as this is a good thing. heh! and the pic is beautiful!

Love ~G

Buddy and Julia Bahun said...

:(...so what happened to the can opener that you get from chaintown?

mike said...

First of all, it turned out to be junk (surprise, surprise!), but Joan & Dieter didn't have one in their camp kitchen so I left that for them. Fortunately Joseph's store in Arandis had them for pretty cheap and it's a good one too.

Post a Comment