Late nights and weekend highlights

I haven’t been to bed before 12:30am since Don and Jackie arrived. That’s late for me here, and I have to drive 2 and a half hours back to Okahandja tomorrow. At least I’ll have company. I’m taking Caroline and Bolla (2 new friends) out to Okahandja to catch a ride to Windhoek. But I’m getting ahead of myself…

For coming to Arandis the wrong weekend I’ve been kept pretty busy. The crusade that I was originally coming over for turned out to be next weekend, but it seems God had a plan for me being here anyway. The first practice for the worship team next weekend was this Sunday afternoon, so it worked out for me to be here for that. We’ve also had some good talks with Brenda and Nan about Hope’s Promise, Namibian culture, and our summer teams. Brenda wants to update all the family pictures on the Hope’s Promise website so I have my second official photography gig. It’s cool to finally get some pictures of people (I’ll address my photography philosophy about that in an upcoming post). It’s the most time I’ve gotten to spend with many of the families because the times I’ve been here I’ve been focusing on other things. The kids are a blast, and most love to have their picture taken. Two families done, four more to go next weekend.

After dinner Jackie and I went to photograph the sunset then over to the Banda’s to hang with Pearl. Late that night Fabiola and their friend, Bolla, came out and asked if I could drive Tresford to the hospital in Swakop. He’s been running a high fever for a couple days and Fabiola had a relative on duty at the hospital that night. They tested his blood for malaria and checked his tonsils, but in the end determined it was just a bad flu and sent us home with some antibiotics. This morning his fever still hadn’t broken, but by afternoon he looked much better.

Other highlights: At church this morning I joined in with the worship team, no practice, no chord sheets, and without Tresford I was the only musical accompaniment just making it up as we went along. Fun times. And I almost keeled over in disbelief…Jackie didn’t take a picture ALL DAY on Saturday! Pretty shocking for those who know Jackie. But then not so shocking, she brought me Nutty Bars. :)

4 comments:

Steph.Livz said...

haha WHAT!? My mom didn't take any pictures?
Is SHE ok? Maybe she has the flu or isn't feeling too well.. Keep an eye on her for me!

germaine said...

I was thinking the same thing steph... maybe she got all the pics of nan's bathroom the day before... :)

Love ~G

Jackie said...

I have been adding to my bathroom photo collection! Hadn't thought of taking any of those at Nan's yet, but I will now! Haha!

germaine said...

Oiy vey... :)

Love ~G

Post a Comment