F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I dropped my friends Buddy and Julia off at the airport today. They’re heading back to Ohio for 3 weeks to raise some support and share what God’s put on their hearts. This will be Julia’s first time in the States, so pray for a little grace in dealing with what I’m sure will be many frustrating cultural differences. They’re going to Maine for a few days so she’ll get to see snow for the first time. She’ll also be meeting most of Buddy’s family for the first time…so prayers definitely needed!

With them gone for a few weeks I’m set to take over teaching the Bible studies that I have thus far only been helping with. On Wednesday afternoon at the high school we’ll be finishing up the lesson on the crucifixion. Our Wednesday evening study with the church group is looking at God delivering His people from Egypt. And Thursday morning at the woodcarvers market we’re looking at the end of Romans 10 and how the Jews are without excuse for not believing.

Wednesday evening I go to pick up Don and Jackie from the airport. It’ll be great to see some familiar faces and have them share a little bit in what’s going on here. They’ll spend Thursday here in Okahandja then head over to Arandis on Friday where they’ll stay for the majority of their trip. I’ll join them for the weekend to help Tresford with a youth crusade that his church is hosting. It was originally going to be a worship leaders conference so I had prepared a great lesson from Isaiah 6 about responding to God’s revelation of Himself, but plans changed. So if anyone needs someone to give a talk on worship, I’m ready!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday night! Filling up every bit of space in the suitcases!

jadongood said...

so are you all ready to start doing the lessons and such on your own? hope it goes well bro!

Post a Comment