The Arrival

Don and Jackie arrived safe and sound Wednesday night, minus one of Jackie’s bags which has since been delivered. We stayed up late that night exchanging news and talking about plans. Thursday morning we went to the woodcarvers market for Bible study then hung out at the Ark for the afternoon. Thursday night was Joe’s Beerhouse night. Don and Jackie treated Dieter, Joan, Thelma and I to a night out at one of my favorite restaurants ever. (Thanks again guys!) This time I pulled out the camera, so I’ll get some pics up on my Flickr page soon for all of those who haven’t been to get a small taste of the experience.

Today, we spent the morning running around Okahandja preparing to head out for Arandis. We picked up some computers from the Ark that Don will be working on, visited the cell shop to get our new phones connected to the internet, and did all our grocery shopping for the weekend. But after a long day we finally made it to Arandis. After dinner we made our rounds visiting all the Hopes Promise families and ending at the Bandas. It turns out the youth crusade I was planning to help Tresford with this weekend is actually next weekend, so it sounds like I may be back again. But that could be good because now that I’m here, even a month and a half away seems like too long.

1 comments:

germaine said...

i love you uncle mike

love eli knight

ELI

i like your pictures

i like auntie g's pictures too

i love africa

why is your office auntie g's office?

Post a Comment