Sodium Chlorawhat?

Starting next week I’m going to start teaching the 4th and 5th graders at Talitha Kumi Primary School, the private school started by Hope’s Promise. I wanted an opportunity to teach the Bible to young kids trusting that it will help me better teach the Bible to teens and adults. Sometimes it’s easy to complicate the message with complex ideas and big theological sounding words. With kids, that’s impossible. If I have to explain it to a child, I have to have a pretty simple understanding of it myself.

I’ll be teaching a much simplified version of the Old Testament curriculum I’m working on. I hope it will give them a framework and a timeline to understand how all the pieces fit together. Often we hear a story here and a story there, but have no overarching knowledge of redemptive history. The lessons are designed to teach major biblical themes while chronologically studying through Old Testament history.

~~~~~~~~

For those of you who know her, congratulations are in order for Clara. She took the gold medal at the National Science Fair competition in Windhoek last weekend! Not only that, but Arandis’ Kolin Foundation Secondary School is now the top school in the nation for science, even over Windhoek High School and St Paul’s prep school. That’s pretty big news and people here are quite exited about it.

1 comments:

germaine said...

AWESOME CLARA!!!! that's such great news! man... did she decide on a name for the process yet?? imagine if the companies actually bought it... awe... dare to dream! please give her a huge hug & congratulations for me!!! 8)

Love! ~G

Post a Comment