It's about time

I’ve been waiting for this day for over six months. I’ve followed the news articles through the draft, free agency, training camps, and now the long awaited day has finally arrived, Opening Day at Gillette Stadium. The highly anticipated come-back of the only team in NFL history to go 18-1 begins today. The only negative is the vivid reminder of why we’re opening on Sunday rather than last Thursday.

With the fateful picture of Plaxico Burress cradling the ball in the end zone burned in my mind, I’m ready to put that all behind and start seeing Randy Moss cradle some touchdown passes of his own. I thank those of you who are concerned that I’ll miss so much of the season. Fortunately, thanks to wireless internet technology, I’ll be able to watch most of the games online. I realize watching a helmet move slowly across the screen is not nearly as stimulating as seeing Laurence Maroney burst his way through the defensive line, so ESPN has just the fix for the fanatical follower. On Monday and Tuesday afternoons they replay a few games from the weekend, so hopefully I’ll be able to catch a few of the Pats night games with my fellow football loving friend, Steve Graham.

Here’s to my record setting, best team of the decade, three-time Super Bowl champion Patriots! Here’s to predictions of another great season! Here's to opening day! Hank Williams Jr, I’m ready for some football!

~~~~~~~~

The clocks moved ahead last night catching a few by surprise. So now we’re back to a 6 hour difference, meaning I’ll catch those 1:00 games at 7pm.

~~~~~~~~

Happy Grandparents Day!

6 comments:

Darin said...

don't look now but that worst case scenario we discussed... 'tis. wonder if they can vinny to come back.

mike said...

Your worst case senario, and many prognosticators worst case senario. Don't count them out yet. Of course you can never replace a Tom Brady, but even a superstar QB can't take a team to the super bowl by himself. Fortunately I'm not in the business of trying to guess what will happen so I'm content to wait and see.

Darin said...

Oh, and this was not your worst case scenario, too?

Let's be real. Belichick's considering at this very moment if it's possible to start Tom Brady in a wheelchair over Matt Cassell.

jadongood said...

i do feel bad for the pats and for brady. but honestly, i can't say it doesn't help my steelers!! who looked amazing on sunday

germaine said...

:'(

we are New England sports fans... we always hold out hope and we take disappointment gracefully...

Love ~G

mike said...

Ok, I'll chime in my thoughts, but only in a comment. It's not worth it's own post. I only have 4 months, 5 if we're good enough, to enjoy watching Patriots football so I'm not gonna waste it away wallowing about how good we could've been if our irreplacable qb didn't have a season ending injury on opening day. I feel for the guy who can only add to his legend. Missing a season in the prime of your career sucks big time. But as for the Pats, the show must go on. Cassell's an NFL player and he's expected to do his job, and all the other players will continue doing theirs. The Patriots motto has always been find a way to win. Plus it adds a bit of mystery to the game again. A 'W's not a given anymore. ;) And remember, the last time our backup qb came in...we won the Super Bowl! So Pats fans, don't go all Vince Young on me; suck it up and get over it.

And jadon, we'll see how much it helps on Nov 30th. The easiest schedule in the NFL, that's what helps your steelers. :)

Post a Comment