New Roommates & New Adventures

This week Tom and Peter moved in to Mantown. They are volunteers from the UK with African Inland Mission staying here in Arandis through November. Tom just graduated high school and is taking a year off before going to university next year. Peter just graduated from university and is taking some time off before joining the workforce. It’s nice to have some other guys around who are closer to my age. They’re also working with Boniface planning some leadership training for the student leaders in the youth group and also an afternoon soccer club.

Deolva showing off her volleyball skillsNext weekend the Jr. Town Council is planning an Arandis Sports Weekend. Among the many competitions will be a volleyball tournament including teams that have been invited from Windhoek and Walvis Bay. My new friend Allen asked me to play with his team, so this could be interesting. I love these opportunities to get involved in the community that other missionaries tend to pass up.

Being an elementary school teacher hasn’t been so bad, granted I only teach one class 3 days a week for seven 4th-5th graders. So far we’ve covered creation and the fall and we’ll finish up this week with the flood on Friday. We’re also memorizing the books of the Old Testament. This week we started off easy with just the first five books – although pronouncing Deuteronomy has been a bit of a challenge for some. I know, I’m such a mean teacher, aren’t I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment