April Vacation

This is the Africa I remember, cool mornings, clear skies, and dark by 6. It’s been kinda weird getting used to the time change, but it’s cool. I’ve been up with the sun by 6-6:30am and to bed by 9-10pm. I feel like I’m turning into Dieter. :) Otherwise Bible study’s and things at the Ark are going well. We finished up the Firm Foundations material at the school study so we’re going to throw a little party over break. Their first term ends on Monday so they have a few weeks off before going back for the second term.

School may be out, but I’ll be staying busy over the holiday. There is a Judea Harvest camp of about 100 teens coming to the plot. During the mornings they’ll have sport electives so they want the American coach to teach the volleyball one. Arandis Christian Center is hosting a bazaar to raise funds for their new church building. And Dieter has given me permission to work on the garden that has spent years trying to survive being overgrown and forgotten. Now I’m not much of a gardener, but I’ve done my share of landscaping along the way. I’ll post pics of my progress.

~~~~~~~~

Pearl’s home from the hospital today, though they haven’t heard the results of the tests yet. She’s feeling a little queasy as a side effect, but overall thrilled to be home.

3 comments:

germaine said...

yay! sounds like lots of fun. Be sure to clear the thorns so the volley ball will last more than 5 minutes!!

I would love to have a place with a vegetable garden. It's a bit tough living on a granite hill... plus being gone most of the growing season hasn't helped much either!

See you in 84 days!!

Love ~G

mike said...

Not a vegetable garden, Festus already does that. More like a botanical garden, a good place for a little prayer walk or just to sit and read the Word. And it helps that the growing season is 365 days a year here! (or 366 this yr)

germaine said...

nice... and more things for you to take pictures of... seriously... I might have to start calling you Michael... ;)

yea, I already dabble in the pretty flowers around the house thing... but more the kind that God can take care of in my absence. That sounds pretty sweet too... you've always been a fan of working in the yard... that will make a great place for you to enjoy your efforts and God's creation. Looking forward to seeing it!

Love ~G

Post a Comment