100

I used to think of Orion as a decent sized constellation, but not that big compared to Taurus or the Scorpion. But that was before I saw the flashing light of a plane flying through the middle of "The Hunter”. I’ve stood next to planes. I know how big they are. But this one, as it inched across the constellation, was no bigger than one of the stars making up his shape. Now I look up at the western sky and Orion looks enormous.

It is the Lord who created the stars, the Pleiades and Orion. It is he who turns blackness into dawn and darkens day into night; who draws up water from the oceans and pours it down as rain on the land. The Lord is his name! ~Amos 5:8
~~~~~~~~

Guinea fowl are usually pretty timid, but making it’s home in the Windhoek Botanical Gardens, this one probably sees it’s fair share of inquisitive tourists. It was quite a peaceful walk through the hills enjoying the quiver trees and the bottle trees and the Windhoek Aloe in full bloom. It’s these little things that you don’t have the chance to appreciate when you’re in and out in two short weeks.

I’m pretty excited about the Judea Harvest youth camp next week. Like I said, I’ll be teaching a volleyball clinic in the late morning, but I also volunteered to be a part of the worship team. There will be over 100 kids from churches all around Windhoek. They’ll spend Sunday night through Thursday here at the plot learning evangelism training and other life skills. Then over the weekend I’ll join them down in Mariental (an hour and a half south of Rehoboth) for an outreach to put their training into practice. It should be a great week…although it does mean I’ll miss the bazaar in Arandis which I’m kinda disappointed about.

Other random updates: The animal adventures continue…I’ve killed 4 mice in my house within the last week. For those animal rights people, there are still plenty around even without those who desire to reside in my home. I also skidded out pretty hard core on a bike the other day and scraped up my knee pretty badly. It looks rough, but it’s already on the mend. And as surprising as it may sound, I found a juice I think I like better than Juicy Fruit’s Mango Orange. Fruitree’s Clear Apple juice is phenomenal! With every cup it’s as though I’d forgotten how good it was!

2 comments:

jadongood said...

you like a da juice, eh?!

germaine said...

Wow! Tops Juicy Fruits Mango Orange... that's some high Mike standards...

That guinea fowl is pretty lucky... if he would've met you in a different spot, he would've become dinner.

So sweet!! That's further than any of us has ever been... I am excited to hear what it's like there!

Love ~G

Post a Comment