Rain

It rained! It finally rained! The humidity and the clouds and the wind have all looked so promising for weeks, but yesterday afternoon the heavens finally let loose with the water so essential to life here. We got a good downpour in the early afternoon, but a light rain continued through the evening allowing it to soak into the ground. Today everything seems a little greener, and everyone a little more chipper.

~~~~~~~~

I also got to connect up with Lon and Val Garber, a missionary couple from Northland in Florida. Lon is involved in teaching at a Bible school of sorts and Val helps train local ladies in beading crafts to sell. But in addition, Lon is an avid football fan, so they invited me to spend the night to watch the Patriots playoff game against the Jaguars live on ESPN at 3:00am. It was pretty much amazing! It’s good to know I now have someone close by who can share in my addiction as the Pats continue making history.

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can't believe that Patriots just keep going! Amazing even at 3am. I'm staying with my Namibian friend and she asked me just yesterday if you might know the Garbers, amazing to connect different people and make the world seem a little smaller.

Post a Comment