One down, eleven to go

Today I have officially been here for an entire month. This is the longest I’ve been in Namibia and it’s starting to wear on me a little bit. The past couple days I’ve been thinking a lot about people back home and what I might be doing if I were there. I think it’s partly because I’ve been so idle lately and I hear about all the cool things people are doing back home. But hopefully this next week things will kick into gear.

On Monday I’m going to meet this guy named Buddy. Apparently he’s the guy to talk to about youth ministry in Okahandja. He’s an American who’s been here for 3-4 years and it pretty heavily involved. He said he runs a Bible study at the high school on Mondays and Wednesdays and has a coffeehouse on Fridays. I look forward to meeting him to see how I might get involved. Please pray that we get along because it sounds like I might be working with him a lot. :)

I caught the sunset on Monkey Mountain tonight, joined by about 20-30 baboons. Today’s photo of the day is for all those people who’ve been there and still haven’t seen why it’s called Monkey Mountain.

5 comments:

jadongood said...

that's an awesome photo bro! don't worry about missing out on what i'm into... my life isn't that exciting. except for maybe that i've decided to sell off almost everything i own:)

J. Roaf said...

Monkey Mountain holds fond memories for me. That is the site of our rock album cover!

You are missed here my friend. Many things aren't the same without you but you are doing good work there and God has a plan for what you are doing over there, you can believe that.

I will pray for you brother.

Pats vs. Steelers next round and the Pats will win 41-21.

jadongood said...

i'll take that as a compliment. i'm just hoping the steelers beat jacksonville tomorrow!

germaine said...

you know I am praying for you... and it's weird doing things that you used to be around for... when it came time for the birthday song & me pleading with the waitress that my birthday was a month ago all I could think of was how much you would've loved every moment of it.

I am sure things will get better... soon school will be back in session and there will be more opportunities for ministry & meeting people. I have heard quite a bit about Buddy, he is friends with Todd & Erin and another guy (I stumbled upon his blog from a picture of he and Joseph!! I <3 Joseph!!). Everything I've heard leads me to believe that he's a nice guy. I will be praying for your relationship with Buddy and for God to fill your days with joy.

I have that same view on Monkey mountain from the morning we woke you up so that you could drive us to see the sunrise after we stayed up all night. :) it's cool that you actually got to see them instead of just hearing them and avoiding the poop... :)

ttys!!!

Love ~G

Unknown said...

There actually are monkies on that mountain... how ironic...

Post a Comment