First blog post of 2008

After two weeks in Arandis for the holidays, it’s nice to be back in Okahandja (minus the humidity) where they got some good rains while I was away so everything’s nice and green. I made a mistake on the bus time today so I showed up an hour late, but it was not a problem as I’m getting quite used to this hitchhiking thing, plus it ended up being N$30 cheaper.

But I must say, my time in Arandis was well spent. I got to spend a lot of time with Toivo, getting to know him and his situation better. I spent many walks around town asking him questions about biology and business and WWII to help him get ready for mock exams when he goes back to school. I got to hang out with Tresford a bit, teaching him some new praise songs and listening to his ideas for the ministry. He invited me to come back in February to help teach some workshops at a little worship leaders conference he wants to put on. That’ll be good because my friend, Boniface, was away with his family for the holidays, so I’d get to see him then in February. To the ‘07ers who went to the high school, I did run into Jesme. She sends her greetings and asked when you’re all coming back. :) And it was great to chat a bit with Brenda. She was a great resource for helping me understand different cultural dynamics of doing ministry here and catching up on what’s going on with Hope’s Promise. (Sorry, Molly. Revival was in Windhoek the whole time so I didn’t get to see her.)

So now that I’m back in Okahandja and people are starting to come back from vacation I’ll be able to make contact with some of the youth ministry people around here. Schools start up in the next week or two. So hopefully I’ll be starting to get a better idea of what everyday ministry will look like around here. But for now I’m gonna sign off so I can go catch this stellar sunset. peace

1 comments:

Melissa Skinner said...

How is Trevor??? I miss him so much!

Post a Comment