Eleven more millimeters of rain and one more day closer to my flight home

This morning I went to my last Bible Study at the Woodcarvers Market. Sylvia, Innocentia, Sarafina, and Tiago sent me off with much love and many gifts that I don’t know how to fit into my bags. Since the twelfth graders are finished with school for the year, Rosa and GiovaniI went with Buddy and Julia on some house visits to see the kids from the high school Bible Study one last time. We found Rosa at home with her one month old baby, Giovani. Then we hung out with El Marie, Carina, and Victoria for most of the afternoon talking about their exams, future plans, and old stories of getting into trouble as kids. The contrast amongst these girls was startling. Because of choices she's made, Rosa's future lay in her arms. Meanwhile her friends have dreams of going to school or traveling the world. I pray for God's blessing on each of these girls as they continue on their own unique adventures following after Him.

Spending this time here saying all these goodbyes has been therapeutic in a way, helping me set my mind on going home. Tomorrow I’ll head into Windhoek to hang out with Toivo one last time and visit the church youth group that came for a camp at Dieter’s plot back in April. I will also try to sort things out with my visa. The latest is Quatro (my high up contact in Immigration) has faxed my application and a personal letter to the lady in charge at Home Affairs. I haven’t been able to get an appointment with her so my plan is to show up at the office and pray that she’ll see me and stamp something in my passport. You’ll probably be in bed on the East Coast, but before you drift off into dream land please pray for me that God will grant me favor and I’ll leave with a visa. Nothing like last minute!

1 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

mike, i'm confused. i don't know anything about visas or how they work, so i don't understand why you need a visa if you're leaving. i never really needed to understand them, so i'm a little ignorant :) i'll be praying though!

Post a Comment