"That's the first hot shower I've taken in two months"

Ever since I’ve heard of it I’ve wanted to go sand boarding. Sure we went lie down boarding with the dance group back in July, but I’m talking real legit stand-up boarding. So today Tom, Pete and I hitched a ride into Swakop and found some tour guides to take us out on the dunes. And it totally lived up to the hype!

It’s a little different that snowboarding, but very similar. And the only chairlifts on the slopes are stuck to the bottom of your legs. Though the walks back up weren’t as bad as one would think, perhaps because of the anticipation of going back down again. Next time I come this side I’m totally bringing my snowboarding gear.

Since we were playing tourist for the day we stopped by the Snake Park as well, though none of us opted to get our photo taken with Piggy the Python. And since we were still covered in sand when we got back, Steve graciously let us come over for some hot showers (at Mike’s house we only have cold water). Overall it was a really fun day. I highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment