Beginning of the End

It’s official. I’ve started saying my goodbyes. Yesterday was my last volleyball practice. This morning was my last Bible class. My Bible class at Talitha Kumi Christian SchoolWe finished up talking about how God punished the Israelites by dragging them off into captivity, but He’s merciful and brought them back 70 years later. We talked about how all the stories and all the themes we’ve been talking about all along point to Jesus. When we were finished they asked when I’m coming back to teach them the New Testament. I hope they learned a bit and enjoyed it as much as I did.

My last Scripture Union meeting will be Monday. Scripture Union Bible ClubI’ve really enjoyed getting to know this group. They give up their break three days a week to come learn about the Bible. And that’s encouraging because it means they’re taking some responsibility for their own spiritual growth. In this group they’ve found acceptance, friendships, and a place to grow. I’m excited for how God will continue to use them in their school and this community.

Sunday will be my last church service at Arandis Christian Center. This local body has been a great blessing to me during our time here. They’ve embodied what it means to be the family of God. Despite all our differences I can truly call them my brothers and sisters. Their joy, dedication to prayer, and faith in the Lord has been a testimony to me and I’m sure to the community as well. I look forward to how God will grow their influence and spread His light amongst this town.

Sunday service at Arandis Christian Center
In a few hours we head off to camp. There’s nothing like a camp for good, quality time with kids. We’ll spend the next 24 hours camping on the beach, hanging at the dunes, and experiencing God together. This will be my last big hoorah with this group of students that I’ve come to love dearly. Pray with me that God will use this time to renew their passion for Him and build lasting relationships between the new and old members.

2 comments:

Lisa Andreasen said...

Hey Mike,
I hope you enjoy every last minute. I'm sure the goodbyes will be really tough. :(

Safe travels. You have a family of brothers and sisters in Christ waiting to welcome you back home!

Be blessed.

Ashley Wittmer Photography said...

mikey!! when are you coming home?? we want you to come visit us so we can spoil you :))

Post a Comment