Revival

I think I’ve caught Revival fever. Everyone who spends much time with this girl seems to fall for her. Sure, she can be a handful at times because she’s partially deaf so she can’t speak well either. She gets easily distracted and is so curious about everything, but her huge, loving smile is so contagious. When I visited their house on Thursday and she took my hand and pointed to the picture of me and her that was on their shelf…you can’t beat that.

Monday morning at day camp we went hiking up the small mountain outside Arandis. On the way back down, Revival clung to my hand with the utmost trust. If she were to slip or misstep, she had no doubt that I would hold her up. That afternoon when Karrie found a chameleon, I let her hold it a little bit. As it crawled up her arm she was thrilled, not a hint of fear. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn’t understand that she’s ‘suppose’ to be afraid of some things, or if she really does just trust that people won’t let her get hurt. For her, maybe it’s a bit of both. Sometimes I wonder if Christians are just too ignorant and foolish to know better, or if we really do trust God to know what’s best for us.

4 comments:

germaine said...

that's beautiful... she is such a sweet spirit!! :)

Love ~G

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not just Christians, maybe it could be an age thing. The older we get the more we experience the world. I don't know. Although I agree we can be very ignorant at times.

Very cute little girl!

mike said...

I say "ignorant and foolish" like that's what the world would call us for trusting in God. But you're right, it does bring to mind the verse about "faith like a child".

Yeti said...

she's beautiful - and that was beautiful. what a sweet reflection and call back.

Post a Comment