Off Days

I love fall in New England. I love fall in Namibia too. The nights have been quite cool lately. We even dipped down to freezing a few nights which was good because it killed off most of the pesky mosquitoes. With cool mornings and evenings it makes the warm daytime temperatures delightful. I open up my house to let the warm fresh air in. I’ve even seen some trees dropping yellow leaves. Almost like home!

Being here in Okahandja, far from the nearest Christian bookstore, I’ve been forced to pick up some of the books I brought off of my to-be-read shelf. Since there’s always a great recommendation or new release, some of these books have been sitting on that shelf for almost 5 years! But now that I have the time and opportunity to read them I wonder why I’ve waited so long. I just finished The Gospel According to Moses by Athol Dickson, reflections on how his participation in Chever Torah (a Jewish Torah study) has enriched his Christian faith. It’s been quite timely and helpful as I’m preparing an Old Testament Survey curriculum for future use. Now I have the tough decision of what to pick up next. I’m leaning towards Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias, though I may whip through the short Attributes of God by A.W. Pink first.

So that’s how I enjoyed my lovely solitary fall afternoon: reading, writing, and doing laundry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mike,
enjoying your blog. keep it coming. love grandma

jadongood said...

NICE! i've read the gospel according to moses. i'm definitely a fan of that one.

Post a Comment