How can I understand unless someone instructs me

I felt like Philip speaking to the Ethiopian eunuch as the eyes around the table lit up with new understanding. This was my third week going to the Bible study at J.G., the other secondary school in Okahandja. They’ve been meeting on Thursday afternoons for a few years now, but I was just recently invited when I visited the school with the team from Palm Beach Atlantic a few weeks back. Today we were studying John 5. As usual, we read through the passage then discussed what stuck out to us or what questions people had. Once we got started the questions just kept pouring out as we ran the gambit from the paradox of the Trinity to the deity of Christ, praying to Mary, baptizing infants, the final judgment, and what does poor in spirit mean. It’s like they’re hungry for truth and can’t get enough of it. Just like the eunuch, they’ve had the Scriptures, but they need someone to come instruct them in it. As I was walking away with Willem, the student leader of the group, he kept saying, “I learned so much today!” How true does the prophet write, “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Is 52:7)

0 comments:

Post a Comment