T-minus 12 days

I just got back from two weeks on the road visiting with friends and family before I head out for a the next year. I've logged almost 3,000 miles from NH to Pennsylvania to Michigan to Indiana to Kentucky to North Carolina, back to PA, and finally inching my way through NYC traffic (it was cloudy and rainy or else I might've stopped) I made my way back home. It was a great time catching up with some friends from college, seeing cousins that I haven't seen in ages, and exchanging 'Christmas' gifts with the fam. It's amazing having so many excellent people who support me in life, whether they realize it or not.

~~~~~~~~

So yesterday I passed the two week mark and now packing becomes my next priority. I had started working on it before my vacation but now it comes to the forefront. What do I want to keep? What needs to be tossed? What can be given away? What last things do I need to buy here that I won't be able to get in Africa? And then amidst all that is the greater joy of getting together with everybody here before I go. I know these next 12 days will fly by faster than I can imagine. I hope, as always, to live them to the fullest, and as we say in Africa, sleep when I get home.

4 comments:

jadongood said...

i'm excited for you bro!

Anonymous said...

Gonna miss hearing Nick say "Hi Mike!" It's been a fun year! I know God is going to do amazing things in your life this next year.

germaine said...

I am going to be so sad if every time I come over Nick asks me "Is Mike comin'?"...

well, you are going to have to sleep sometimes when you are there... a year is quite a long time to go without it!! :)

One thing to remember... If you really need it, you can buy it in Namibia. Cymot has it all...

but seriously... I am so excited for you and I can not wait to hear all about what God is doing in your life and what He is teaching you. Although I will miss having you around, you are going to have one amazing adventure!!

yea, get that camera already :)

Love ~G

*!Melissa!* said...

I miss you already.
Have a great time.
Love you.

Post a Comment